I think I may have a hearing problem. What should I do?

If you suspect you have a hearing problem, you should make an appointment with an audiologist or other hearing healthcare professional. The only way to know the nature and extent of the issue is to get tested and evaluated by a professional. After that, you can move forward with answers and recommendations from your audiologist.

Which professions are at a higher risk for hearing loss?

Some professions that pose a higher risk for hearing loss include musicians, heavy industry workers, factory workers, construction workers, firefighters, police officers, and farmers. It's important to protect your hearing in any environment with high noise levels, but it's even more important for anyone in these professions to protect their hearing, as they're exposed more often to high noise levels.

What are some of the signs of hearing loss?

Some signs of hearing loss include:

1. You think everyone around you is mumbling.
2. People say that you turn up the TV or music too loud.
3. People often have to repeat what they say to you.
4. It’s very difficult to hear in noisy environments, such as restaurants.
5. You find it difficult to understand what someone is saying unless you can see his or her face.


Total Care ENT
4488 W Broad St.
Suite 3
Columbus, OH 43228
P: (614) 853-1950
F: (614) 853-1951


Columbus Snoring, Inc. offers surgical therapies to resolve primary snoring and mild obstructive sleep apnea.

Click Here